Friday, April 10, 2009

Declaration

Declaration - noun - the act of declaring; announcement.

When I was in my early teenage years I used to write down all the quotes from books that I liked on post it notes and stick them on my closet. Then my family moved and I tore down all the quotes and threw them away, a decision I regret to this day.
A couple years ago I started saving all the quotes I liked from books and occasionally movies and keeping them in my computer, which worked pretty well, until my computer imploded and since not everything was backed up (yes, yes, I know better, no lecture please) I lost all my quotes from the last 2 years as well as several book lists and whole bunches of other stuff. Not a happy camper.
So now we are onto the third incarnation of me saving quotes, well I guess fourth because I also have a treasured notebook with quotes, which in theory will get transferred over here as well.

I chose the title of this, my blog for 2 reasons.

1.The 200 books part- I was keeping track of the books I read last year, but alas due to back problems and moving the count got off. I keep telling myself that I am going to go back through the 3 different lists and figure out just exactly how many books I read...right, thats gonna happen...but 200 I think is pretty close.

2.The etc part- I also am a lover of music and occasionally movies so I will be keeping track of those here as well.

So anyway, this will be my compilation of quotes and things that I like and my chance to ramle about all the books ect. that I love since everyone I know gets tired of listening to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment