Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When you look like your Passport Photo...

I usually really enjoy reading Erma Bombeck and laugh out loud, but "When You Look Like Your Passport Photo, It's Time To Go Home" just wasn't as good. There were a few good moments, but overall just 2 *'s.
One quote I did find interesting since I enjoy mythology. Page 177.

"This is the spot where Artemis-Cybele was worshipped," he said.
"They were a group of women who were dedicated warriors -archetypal women's
libbers." He paused and his eyes met mine. "These women had sex with
men once a year so that the race might not die out. The male children were
left to die at birth." He had my attention. "Artemis is always shown
as an Amazon," he continued, "one breast bare, the peplum draped over the right
shoulder to hide the scar where the other breast had been cut off to allow full
freedom for the bow arm." I nodded blankly. "But then you could
relate to that." He smiled
I looked down at my own bust and wondered what he meant by a crack like
that. And all that because I opened my own car door.

No comments:

Post a Comment