Wednesday, November 4, 2009

L.A. Outlaws by T. Jefferson Parker

I'm lucky in that my boss and her boss are both readers. This is great for me because I get to borrow a lot of books that I wouldn't otherwise read. "L.A. Outlaws" is one I wouldn't have ordinarily have picked up, but when your boss has a bag of books on her desk from her boss and says "Pick which ones you want to read first and then we'll trade" how could I refuse. "L.A. Outlaws was on the top of the pile and I'm glad I picked it up.



Allison Murrieta claims to be a direct descendant of the Joaquin Murrieta a Hispanic Outlaw in California that stole from the rich and gave to the poor. She ends up with a fortune in stolen diamonds, a handsome (of course) cop on her trail and a killer looking for her.



One quote I want to remember, on page 33.




Marlon had invited Hood one evening after work to a bar where they drank and
agreed that war is worse than hell, because hell punishes sinners but war
punishes everyone.




Part mystery, part spaghetti western, part romance, very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment